Monday, May 2, 2011

A decision to be happy

Ever just had one of those awesome days? Well today was one for me.

I had planned on being an overachiever and taking a test early, but for the first time in a very very long time I slept deep and I slept well. I slept so well in fact, that the alarm I set didn’t make it into my cognitive waking thoughts. I may have turned it off but then again I was sooo asleep I honestly cant recall. So with the intent of waking early and taking a test my bedding became magically more comfortable.  I’m talking the kind of comfortable that is ethereal. Everything is so very soft that it holds you deep in bed. The temperature is just cold enough that the heavy bedding leaves your body at that ideal temperature, not too hot and not too cold. The pillows are perfect- wrapping around your head embracing you but not smothering. The position your laying in HAS to be the MOST comfortable position you have ever laid in…. From the very tips of your fingers, up to your ears, and back down to the tips of your toes YOU JUST FEEL GOOD. The stress level is way down, not because you don’t have things to do, but more YOU JUST DON’T CARE. That’s how today started. It was amazing.

There are a few things in this world that feed my soul like this kind of day. I was happy for no reason other than I wanted to be happy.

My house burned last week, to the point it was condemned until it is rebuilt. (I found out after the engineers took core samples of the trusses that it would be 4 months rather than the anticipated 1 month for the rebuild.) Finals began. I got written up at work. The carefully devised plans I had gone to so much trouble to make over the course of the last 4 months were therefore dramatically changed. I had to charge my visa almost 2,000$ for an MCAT Preparation course that I don’t have time, but will make time for. My momma has resorted to seeking the help of a self-proclaimed “Healer” for the fibrous dysplasia (benign but becoming malignant cancer) in her face. All of my families vehicles are failing. Blah Blah Blah… The list goes on and on.

I wanted a great day and guess what? It truly was a WONDERFUL DAY! I was able to get a great work-out. I ate plenty of food. Found 20 min to lay by the pool. I washed my car. I got a haircut. I breathed deep. I smiled. I am happy. It’s as simple as that.

My deep thought for today is by the amazing Dr. Seuss. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
I hope you all get to experience a happy day like this every so often because it is what makes life good.
Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment