Monday, June 6, 2011

Just alittle more

Just when I think I can't do anymore... I do.
Just when the little world I live in seems to be stretched to the very limits, it expands.


This Accelerated Chemistry course I am taking is moving at such a rapid pace its hard to imagine anything else fitting into my life. Alas, if only it were that simple. I did well on the first test Friday, but between then and now I feel I have lived weeks. Friday I really bought into my small business. (Its going to be an online and small vendor kind of business unless I can find a way to grow it substantially.) I bought the domain name, the hosting and am currently teaching myself how to design and run it all... (in a weekend) I also bought the materials I needed to get an exploratory beginning. Anyway, I am committed now. Did I mention I am taking accelerated chemistry?!


For those curious what the venture is...


SurVive Bands- survival bracelets in style.


I dont have the website completed yet, but I am working feverishly in between EVERYTHING else I am doing.


SurViveBands.com  (coming soon!) Be excited!!!


Why bracelets? because regardless of the economy and natural disasters, they are in style. They always have been and always will be.
What makes mine special? They look good! There are so many color combos to choose from there is no telling how subtle or flashy one can be.
They are made with almost 30 feet of paracord that is capable of holding 550 lbs, but if pulled apart the 7 individual cords are capable of up to 35 lbs. each.  The sheath is alone capable of 300+ lbs. So... all told there is potential for over 200 ft of usable survival cord. I have also added a fishing hook and 2 choices of stainless steel shackles that are capable of 530 lbs or 750lbs. (dont worry the hook is wrapped tight and deep in it, so unless its opened it wont poke through, promise.)


Thats what it does, but what it looks like is what I am hoping will sell. I am asked by at least one person a day when I am in public where I got it. LOVE IT!!! my response- "I made it and will be selling them soon at survivebands.com." Legit huh?


Why do I have confidence that style will sell? its useful enough for real men and women.  (Granted, or hopefully, not many people will have to actually rely on them to save their lives, but the security is what they provide. They could be the difference to a lost hiker or an injured person.


So who am I selling to? the outdoor enthusiasts, the casual walker, jogger, climber, canyoneer, mountaineer, college student, biker, trucker, mailman, entrepreneur, and anyone else who wants to wear something so useful and attractive.
Oh and did I mention THEY LOOK AWESOME?!!!


That brings me to Saturday morning.







Then there is Saturday. Saturday was going to be the only day I slept in but I had a friend call me wanting to go rock climbing at 7 am... geeze..  so... I went. Then I got back and was invited boating, so as exhausted as I was, I went. Loved it!!!  Wish I had more time to go into more detail...


After my body was beat to hell from the choppy lake and too fast boat, I ran into town and got my supplies for the SurVive Bands.  I then crashed for the night and went through another crazy busy Sunday. I finally got home at 11pm Sunday night.


School came bright and early today and the material is only coming faster! AAAARRRGGGGHHHH


Thats my weekend and if theres anything I learned its that there is so much to be thankful for and I love my life.


Live every moment!


Until next time,  ciao!

1 comment:

  1. You definitely are a hard worker! :)I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete